The Bachelor’s Degree Programme 080100.62 “Economics”,
Specialization: “General Economics”
Duration of studies – 4 years (full-time)
The basic educational programme includes 240 credit units, comprising all kinds of contact classes and independent work of students, internships, and time for students’ knowledge assessment.
List of admission tests: Mathematics (Unified State Exam), the Russian language (Unified State Exam), Social Studies (Unified State Exam).
The main characteristics of the educational process:
Bachelor students of the Programme 080100 “Economics” learn the basic disciplines set by the Federal State Educational Standard, and disciplines of the variable part set by the University: Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Econometrics, Statistics, History of Economic Thought, Enterprise Accounting, World Economics, Macroeconomic Planning and Forecasting, Institutional Economics, Business Economics, National Economics, Regional Economics, Taxes and Taxation.
Students enrolled in the specialization “General Economics” have internships in organisations (companies) of various industries and patterns of ownership, financial and credit institutions (banks), insurance companies, bodies of Federal Tax Service of Russia, auditing firms, the departments of the Federal Treasury, the financial departments of city and regional governments.
As a result of the internship students develop the following professional competencies: the ability to analyse and interpret financial, accounting and other information contained in the statements of enterprises of different patterns of ownership, institutions, government agencies, etc. and to use this information for decision-making; the ability to use modern technical tools and IT to complete analytical and research tasks; the ability to critically assess the proposed options for management decisions and to justify proposals for their improvement based on criteria of social and economic benefits, risks and consequences.
Graduates with specialization “General Economics” have the opportunity to build a scientific career and to continue their education doing a Master’s degree and then a post-graduate course at the faculty of Economics.
Educational process staffing
The distinguishing feature of the general programme 080100.62 “Economics” is that for all types of classroom and extracurricular activities it enlists leading professors, associate professors and senior lecturers of 12 specialized departments of the faculty of Economics. The departments of the faculty of Economics employ about 200 teachers, including 36 with Doctor Degrees and 100 with Candidate Degrees.
Full Members and Corresponding Members of the Academies of Sciences:
• Alexandr Y. Bystryakov – Academician of the International Academy of Investments and Construction Economics, Corresponding Member of the Russian Academy of Natural Sciences;
• Nikolay P. Gusakov – Corresponding Member of the Russian Academy of Natural Sciences;
• Vladimir S. Karagod – Academician of the International Informatization Academy;
• Elena N. Malyuga – Academician of the Russian Academy of Natural Sciences;
• Vladimir M. Matjushok – Academician of the International Academy of Organizational Sciences;
• Irina A. Rodionova – Academician of the Academy of Security, Defence, Law and Order of the Russian Federation;
• Sergey V. Ryazantsev – Corresponding Member of the Russian Academy of Sciences;
• Valery S. Semenovich – Academician of the Russian Academy of Agricultural Sciences;
• Leonid V. Sorokin – Corresponding Member of the Russian Academy of Natural Sciences;
• Yevgeniy Y. Khrustalev – Member of the Presidium of the International Academy of Organizational Sciences;
• Alexander A. Chursin – Member of the International Informatization Academy, Academician of the International Academy of Cybernetics of Ukraine, Laureate of the prize of Council of Ministers of the USSR in the sphere of science and technology, Winner of the award of Exhibition of Achievements of the National Economy of the USSR;
• Ifary Abdel Zakhra Kadem – Member of the American Academy of Sciences (New York), Academician of the Russian Academy of Dialectical and System Research and the Academy of Security, Defence, Law and Order.
The representatives of major companies who are engaged in teaching:
Ivan A. Smarzhevsky – Candidate of Economic Sciences, Associate Professor, CEO of Info- Consulting JSC;
Dmitriy Y. Ekenin – Candidate of Economic Sciences, Deputy CEO of Soyuzpatent;
Sergey V. Ryazantsev – Corresponding Member of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Doctor of Economic Sciences, Professor, Head of the Centre for Social Demography and Economic Sociology, Institute of Social and Political Studies of RAS;
Viktor N. Pinchuk – Candidate of Economic Sciences, Deputy CEO of the federal state unitary enterprise “Russian Television and Radio Broadcasting Network”,
Procurement of the educational process
Classes are held with the use of multimedia technologies and special training programmes that allow students to achieve mastery in the course and develop skills in the use of tools and IT when completing analytical and research tasks. All training materials are accessible on the portals of PFUR (web-local.rudn.ru) and the faculty of Economics (economist.rudn.ru).
Graduate’s professional activity types
In accordance with the Federal State Educational Standard of Higher Vocational Education a graduate majoring in “General Economics” is prepared for the following professional activity types:
- organization and management
- pedagogical activity
Graduate’s professional activity goals
In accordance with the professional activity types and the profile of the basic educational programme of higher vocational education, a graduate with specialization 080100 “General Economics” is to achieve the following professional goals:
- preparation of basic data necessary for the calculation of indices characterizing economic agents’ activity;
- calculation of economic and social indices based on typical methods complying with applicable rules and regulations;
- development of economic sections of plans of various business ownership forms, organizations and departments;
analysis and research
- searching for information related to the assignment, collection and analysis of data necessary for specific economic calculations;
- economic data processing in accordance with the goal, analysis, estimation and interpretation of the obtained results and justification of conclusions;
- building standard theoretical and econometric models of researched processes, phenomena and objects related to the sphere of professional activity, analysis and interpretation of the obtained results;
- analysis and interpretation of indices characterizing social and economic processes and phenomena at the micro- and macro-levels both in Russia and abroad;
- preparation of information reviews and analytical reports;
- doing statistical research, conducting surveys and preparing questionnaires, processing results;
- participation in projects related to the professional activity sphere, initiation of proposals and events aimed at the implementation of the prepared projects and programmes;
organization and management
- participation in managerial decision making, justification of the decisions based on the criteria of social and economic efficiency taking into account risks and possible social and economic consequences;
- organizing the implementation of the entrusted stage of work;
- management of small groups;
- participation in decision making related to the management and improvement of the work of economic services and departments of various forms of business ownership and organizations complying with legal, administrative and other kinds of restrictions;
- teaching economic disciplines in institutions of general education, elementary, secondary and higher vocational education and extended professional education
A graduate can hold the following positions:
Economist, economist specializing in accounting and economic activity analysis, economist specializing in contract work and claim settlement; economist specializing in procurement, economist specializing in planning, economist specializing in sales, labour economist, financial economist, chief specialist of an economic planning department, chief specialist of a financial department.
Approximate wage rate of a graduate without any work experience
Minimum wage – 27.000 rub
Average wage – 45.000 rub
List of organizations where a graduate can work:
At present the faculty of Economics has cooperation agreements with the following departments, organizations and enterprises which guarantee an opportunity of internships and further employment:
The Ministry of Economic and Social Development of the Russian Federation;
The Finance Ministry of the Russian Federation;
The Federal Service for Fiscal and Budgetary Supervision;
The Federal Tax Service Directorate for the city of Moscow;
Rocket and space industry organizations: federal state unitary enterprise “TSNIIMASH”, federal state unitary enterprise “Agat organization” etc.
Investment financial companies: Troika Dialog, Metropol etc.
Otkritie Brokerage House LLC
Moscow Champagne Winery OJSC